Heep Hong Society
On-site Pre-school Rehabilitation Services
To enable children with special educational needs (SEN) to access the necessary training early in the "golden training period", the Social Welfare Department (SWD) has implemented the On-site Pre-school Rehabilitation Services (OPRS).
The Society has formed six professional teams to join OPRS. With extensive experience in offering school-based support and centre-based training, the OPRS professional teams provide on-site rehabilitation services and training to children with special needs, supplemented with training at centres with rehabilitation facilities.
The OPRS professional teams comprise social workers, speech therapists, occupational therapists, physiotherapists, educational psychologists and special education child care workers. They give professional advice to kindergarten teachers and child care workers to assist them in taking care of children with SEN. They will also provide support for parents in fostering positive attitude and developing effective skills in raising their children.
- Adopt the effective module combining school-based support and centre-based professional training.
- Provide training to kindergarten teachers for providing appropriate intervention to children.
- Equip parents with the necessary knowledge and skills of nourishing children with special needs.
- Children with mild disabilities aged below 6 attending the participating KGs or KG-cum-CCCs;
- Children on the waiting list of Social Welfare Department (SWD)'s central referral system are given priority.
- If there is vacancy, NGOs may exercise flexibility to provide services for children who are waiting for assessment by Child Assessment Centres, provided that the number of these children will not exceed 10% of the team's service capacity.
- Referrals can be made by social workers or staff of rehabilitation service units to the Central Referral System for Rehabilitation Services of the SWD.
- Children who are waiting for assessment by Child Assessment Centres could provide relevant information to KGs or KG-cum-CCCs or project team directly.
- The application is free of charge.
Monday to Saturday 8:45am-5:30pm (except public holidays)
|Team 1 (NT East)||3709 2748||Room 01, 02, 16, 10/F, Shatin Galleria, 18-24 Shan Mei Street, Fo Tan, N.T.|
|Team 2 (Kowloon East)||3974 6004||Unit 05, 18/F, Telford House, 16 Wang Hoi Road, Kowloon Bay, Kowloon|
|Team 3 (HK Island)||2817 2214||Units 125-134, Wah Kin House, Wah Fu Estate I, Hong Kong|
|Team 4 (NT West)||3595 6573||Unit 03-05, 25/F, Tower II, Metroplaza, 223 Hing Fong Road, Kwai Chung, New Territories|
|Team 5 (Kowloon West)||2779 0030||Shops No. 304-305, Mei Hei House, Shek Kip Mei Estate, Sham Shui Po, Kowloon|
|Team 6 (Hong Kong)||3620 3012||Room 04, 12/F, China Shipbuilding Tower, No.650 Cheung Sha Wan Road, Kowloon|