On-site Pre-school Rehabilitation Services
To enable children with special educational needs (SEN) to access the necessary training early in the "golden training period", the Social Welfare Department (SWD) has implemented the On-site Pre-school Rehabilitation Services (OPRS).
The Society has formed five professional teams to join OPRS, serving a total of 725 children at 78 schools. With extensive experience in offering school-based support and centre-based training, the OPRS professional teams provide on-site rehabilitation services and training to children with special needs, supplemented with training at centres with rehabilitation facilities.
The OPRS professional teams comprise social workers, speech therapists, occupational therapists, physiotherapists, educational psychologists and special education child care workers. They give professional advice to kindergarten teachers and child care workers to assist them in taking care of children with SEN. They will also provide support for parents in fostering positive attitude and developing effective skills in raising their children.
- Adopt the effective module combining school-based support and centre-based professional training.
- Provide training to kindergarten teachers for providing appropriate intervention to children.
- Equip parents with the necessary knowledge and skills of nourishing children with special needs.
- Children with mild disabilities aged below 6 attending the participating KGs or KG-cum-CCCs;
- Children on the waiting list of Social Welfare Department (SWD)'s central referral system are given priority.
- If there is vacancy, NGOs may exercise flexibility to provide services for children who are waiting for assessment by Child Assessment Centres, provided that the number of these children will not exceed 10% of the team's service capacity.
- Referrals can be made by social workers or staff of rehabilitation service units to the Central Referral System for Rehabilitation Services of the SWD.
- Children who are waiting for assessment by Child Assessment Centres could provide relevant information to KGs or KG-cum-CCCs or project team directly.
- The application is free of charge.
|Team 1 (NT East)||3709 2748|
|Team 2 (Kowloon East)||3974 6004|
|Team 3 (HK Island)||3563 7199|
|Team 4 (NT West)||3956 3354|
|Team 5 (Kowloon West)||3954 5784|