Heep Hong Society
Junior Gateway Club
The Gateway Movement was founded in 1966 in England. Heep Hong pioneered the movement in Hong Kong by forming the Junior Gateway Club in 2002 to provide a happy and healthy learning environment for children, and thereby contributing to a more inclusive society.
1. We believe that special needs children have the right to participate in social recreational activities.
2. We advocate that normal and special needs people enjoy equal opportunity in an integrated community.
3. We hope that through different activities, participants’ self-care ability and socializing skills can be enhanced so that they become more independent.
Children's exploratory groups
- Training programmes / interest classes
- Toy library / audio and visual materials loan service
- Outdoor and socializing activities
Social Integration Projects:
Volunteers' leadership training
- Integrated programmes with child care centres, kindergartens, primary and secondary schools in the community
- Community education
Supportive services for families:
Training and counselling service for working parents
- Parent-child activities
- Family programmes
- Priority in participating in all kinds of classes, groups and activities
- Members' family members can also join the Club's activities
|Children Members:||children from 2 to 15|
|Affiliated Members:||anyone who is interested in joining the Club's activities|
|Application Procedure:||Complete the Application Form and submit it to any Heep Hong's Special Child Care Centres with identity certification documents or student handbook|
|Validity of Membership:||Valid until end of December of each year|