Heep Hong Society Jockey Club iRead & iLearn Support Programme
The programme is organised by Heep Hong Society and sponsored by the Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust. It aims to provide support to kindergartens and junior primary students who are at risk of or diagnosed with Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD). The project team was formed by Educational Psychologists, Speech Therapists, Occupational Therapists and teachers.
The programme has been officially launched in August 2020 and will last for 3 years. Main features are as follows:
- Create a comprehensive and highly accessible online resources platform
- A set of 24 custom-made literacy-promoting story books
- Story-based AR App for extended home-based training for listening comprehension and vocabulary development
- Public seminar and training workshop for parents and professionals
- Public education
- Children at risk of or diagnosed with Specific Learning Difficulties(SpLD) in kindergarten & junior primary;
|Contact：||Tel - 3899 4120|
|Email - firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Whatsapp - 6732 7312 (Click here to chat on Whatsapp with us)
|Office Hours:||Monday – Friday : 9am – 1pm ; 2pm – 6pm
(Closes on Saturday, Sunday and Public Holiday)
|Latest News:||（Please refer to the Chinese version for the details）|
What Is Dyslexia
Dyslexia is the most common specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD), which mainly caused by congenital abnormalities in brain.
Children with dyslexia in the pre-school stage have weaker ability to understand and differentiate words, so they may have difficulties with pronunciation.
Junior primary students may easily mix up words with similar pronunciation, meaning and form. It often causes to spelling mistakes and mismatches of radicals of Traditional Chinese in dictation.