Courses Jointly Developed with the Open University: Scholarship Opens for Teachers and Parents
To equip child care workers with professional knowledge and skills in teaching children with special educational needs (SEN), Heep Hong Society has collaborated with the Open University of Hong Kong (OUHK) to offer two academic programmes since 2011:
- Higher Diploma in Early Childhood Education (Special Educational Needs)
- Bachelor of Education in Early Childhood Education (Special Educational Needs)
Both programmes are recognised by the Social Welfare Department as the equivalent to the One-year In-service Course in Special Child Care Work. The Bachelor's degree programme is included as recognized training course of both the Social Welfare Department's Training Scheme for Special Child Care Workers and Education Bureau's Pre-primary Education Voucher Scheme. Graduates of the degree programme will be considered as meeting the Education Bureau’s academic entry qualification for kindergarten principals.
The programmes comprise four core courses developed by experienced psychologists and therapists of Heep Hong with dual emphasis on theory and practice.
- EDUE281C Early Assessment and Intervention
- EDUE282C Teaching Pre-school Children at Risk of Dyslexia (October 2012 Presentation)
- EDUE385C Supporting Young Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders
- EDUE386C Language Delay and Training (October 2012 Presentation)
The courses are delivered by distance learning with Chinese as the medium of instruction. They are also suitable for parents or interested individuals who wish to enrich their knowledge and gain a better understanding of the developmental disorders prevailing in pre-school aged children.
Heep Hong Society offers scholarship awards and practicum opportunities for in-service child care workers in the industry; as well as study awards for parent members of the Society.
For the OUHK prospectus and details of the Heep Hong Scholarship Scheme, please refer to the Chinese version.
- OUHK Study Planning Day: 16 June and 18 August
Heep Hong Society Tel: 2776 3111 Email: email@example.com
OUHK Tel: 2711 2100 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Scholarship opens for teachers and parents studying courses jointly developed with OUHK