On-site Pre-school Rehabilitation Services
To enable children with special educational needs (SEN) to access the necessary training early in the ‘golden training period’, the Social Welfare Department (SWD) has launched a two-year Pilot Scheme on On-site Pre-school Rehabilitation Services (OPRS) through the Lotteries Fund.
The Society have extensive experience in offering school-based support and centre-based training for early intervention to support children with SEN. Heep Hong has formed four professional teams to join the OPRS Pilot Scheme.
The Scheme is to be operated for a period of two years (2015/16 to 2016/17). The scheme offers on-site rehabilitation services and training to children with special needs, supplemented by training at centres with rehabilitation facilities to nearly 50 schools benefiting 400 children. The professional teams are comprised of social workers, speech therapists, occupational therapists, physiotherapists, educational psychologists and special education child care workers.
The professional teams will also give professional advice to kindergarten teachers and child care workers to assist them in taking care of children with SEN. They will also provide support for parents in fostering positive attitude and developing effective skills in raising their children.
- Adopt the effective module combining school-based support and centre-based professional training
- Provide training to kindergarten teachers for providing appropriate intervention to children
- Equip parents with the necessary knowledge and skills of nourishing children with special needs
- Children attending the participating KGs or KG-cum-CCCs who are on the waiting list for SWD-subvented pre-school rehabilitation services (i.e. EETC, Integrated Programme in KG-cum-CCCs and Special Child Care Centre); and
- Teachers/ child care workers and parents/ carers of such children.
- Referrals to the project teams can be made through the KGs or KG-cum-CCCs participating in the Pilot Scheme;
- If the child is attending a KG or KG-cum-CCC participating in the Pilot Scheme, the parents/ carers may also apply to the project team directly.
|NT East||3709 2748|
|Kowloon District||3954 5784|
|HK Island||3563 7199|
|NT West||3956 3354|
Monday to Saturday 9am-5:30pm (except public holidays)